On 6/27/24 14:04, Hans Hagen via ntg-context wrote:
> On 6/27/2024 10:03 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> [...]
>> I also installed a new Reader on my Windows 11 machine, and that
>> one worked ok as well. It says “Continuous Release | Version
>> 2024.002.20857 | 64 bit”, and it is the Win 11 specific EN (US)
>> version.>
> it also opens here after asking of that link is okay (same version)

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

It seems that the crash only happens to me.

> anyway, i noticed that the (messier by the day) user interface now
> offers "AI assistent, full access" and "Generative Summary, full acess"
> as well as some button in the top right corner with a weird attention
> seeking coloring os maybe i should remove reader or at least start
> thinking about quarantaining it in itrs own vm, one never knows

At least the Spanish version doesn’t have that (yet, I’m afraid).

> (it's a bit frightening to see what something as simple as pdf is
> turning into: ecosystems, dependencies, business models, hypes, etc)

I think this is the whole thing with AI, the vast majority of people may
not be benefiting from it.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /