Hello,

I started using ConTeXt LMTX 2 days ago and after some initial testing I
noticed an unexpected behavior regarding italic correction.

In short, I cannot seem to produce italic correction like I could in plain TeX
or even LaTeX.

I've asked the question on TeX StackExchange and another user confirmed the
suspicion in his answer. I would suggest you take a look at it because the
formatting of the question and the answer is prettier than in this plain text
email. Furthermore, a person who provided the answer already did some research.
See the question here:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/724568/how-to-invoke-italic-correction-in-context-lmtx

Here is what I observed:

Compare the kerning produced in between 'r' and 'p' in the word "airport" when
italic correction is applied in plain TeX (compiled with `pdftex`) and in
ConTeXt LMTX (compiled with `luametatex`). Here are the minimal working
examples.

Plain TeX

```
airport (regular font)

{\it air\/}port (italic correction applied)

{\it air}port (no italic correction applied)
\bye
```

ConTeXt LMTX

```
\starttext
airport (regular font)

{\it air\/}port (italic correction applied)

{\it air}port (no italic correction applied)
\stoptext
```

Please confirm if this, in fact, is the issue/bug or if I am not approaching
this correctly. I am brand new to ConTeXt, so it could be me. Thank you in
advance!

Vladimir

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /