Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
Taco,

great to have your bug collector, and let's hope it'll be a bug squasher before long...

I had submitted a couple of bugs and feature requests for the index command that don't seem to be resolved and which didn't make it to your list. I'd say they are fairly critical because they will really mess up index generation:

1. index ranges inserted via \startregister[index] will gobble all other entries for the term;

2. \seeindex gives an error and will foul up the .tui file when processed with newtexexec;

3. again with newtexexec: capital letters at the beginning of terms are disregarded for the index, thus Taco will be sorted under "a."

Yes, I agree.

4. and a feature request: it would be good to have some formatting options like LaTeX makeidx offers: \index{keyword|textit} will produce a page-number in italics in the register. That would be immensely useful to produce a structured index.

This is already present in the ConTeXt even in more general way then in the LaTeX is. More info in the manual.

vit

All best

Thomas