Hi,

Hans Hagen wrote:
chinese is not yet defined in utf so if you want that, we need to do it
We probably should.

question: do the unicode tables cover gbk and big 5 well?
There exists a one-to-one correspondence between GBK and Unicode [1], for Big5 there are 7 characters which cannot be mapped one-to-one (see comment at top of [2]); thee of which appear twice in Big5 but only once in Unicode, two are not in unicode and there are two mapping problems.
In practive one can thus say: Both GBK and Big5 can be mapped to Unicode.

assuming this, how about making a set of tfm,enc,map files that match the unicode positions (volunteers ...)
If I get the time, I will play around with the four fonts mentioned on http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chinese Adam mentioned http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/linlibertine/LibertineUnicode.zip, which contains LibertineInConTeXt.txt, which describes a possible way to do so. But I wouldn't mind if someone who has more experience in playing around with .enc files would do the job ;)

Tobias