Tobias Burnus wrote:

Hi,

Richard Gabriel wrote:
> +\setuplabeltext [\s!de] [\v!appendix=Anschlu\ssharp\space] % RG
Hmm, I'd rather use "Anhang".

ok, added as comment

Besides: So far I used simply "1 Title of my first chapter" and "A My first appendix" rather than "Chapter 1 Title of my first chapter".
(It looks cute as
   Chapter 1
   Title of my first chapter
with the first line differently styled as the second, but this is rarely used.)

One probably should add them -- as comment after the actual empty label.

indeed i made them comments, all sectioning labels are empty by default (but it does not hurt to show them as comment)

Next question: Why are you changing the � into a + ?

> -%     \defineactivecharacter � {\AA{}}
> +%     \defineactivecharacter + {\AA{}}

actually. those chars are ansi chars and show up as a real \AA in my editor so i kept the old one