Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
(This mail was rejected as spam in my first try, and the reject message was catched by my spam filter...)

No doubt that's why spam for medication is so popular: you need
the medication to cope with the rest of the spam.

A happy new year!

Likewise!

I'd like to typeset a text in both German and Swiss German orthography,
i.e. I'd like to expand "s (or the like) to ß in German and ss in Swiss German mode,
or even better, automagically change ß to ss in Swiss mode.

The correct way would be to define swiss as a language, because
then you can put a suitable redefinition inside the language
specifics, but the following hack will work as well and is a lot
faster to implement (please don't tell anyone I proposed this):

  \enableregime[il1]
  \let\normalssharp\ssharp
  \def\ssharp{\doifmodeelse{swiss}{ss}{\normalssharp}}
  \starttext
  {\enablemode[swiss] Grüßlis} Grüßlis
  \stoptext

Cheers, Taco