Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

Am 2006-01-15 um 19:36 schrieb Hans Hagen:

I would expect that the x/y coordinates in \setlayer(framed) relate to the layer's origin (-3, -3) and thus my logo gets placed at (130, -3). But in fact it's placed at (133, -3), i.e. x starts at 0 instead of -3. Why?

x and y are unique for each \setlayer, use hoffset/voffset instead

Thank you, I didn't understand that from the docs.
And in fact not even from your statement.

Seems like x/y always use the upper left corner of the paper,
while hoffset/voffset use the upper left corner of the layer.

no, it depends on the combination of align and corner (in core-box.tex you can see presets being defined, so with preset=rightbottom, x/y start from the rightbottom)

But if I use \placelayer instead of backgrounds, x/y is relative to the text area.
Is that intended? (See my mail "layer question".)

indeed, put it in a \ruledhbox and you will see

(there is \tightlayer and such in order to get different results)