Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>>Hans Hagen wrote:
>>

>>>Vit Zyka wrote:
>>>

> ah ... your persistent ...

yes, slow but persistent (hopefully not annoying...)

> you can try this:
>
> \OTRSEToutput
>   {\dontcomplain % new, get rid of overfull message (to be sorted out)
>    \doloop
>      {\OTRSETnaturalflush
>      %\OTRSETstartnextpage %  no
>       \OTRSETdoflushfloats % actually belongs in \flushsavedfloats (but goes
> wrong)
>       \OTRSETcheckfreelines
>       \ifsomefreecolumncells \exitloop \fi}%
>    \OTRSETchecksidefloat}

Huraaaaa!!! Great. It works! It works! It works! It works at least for:

- full page float: [page|here](\textheight,\makeupwidth) in simple example

- full column float: [here](\textheight,\OneColWidth) in simple example

- does not change page break and/or float positions in 160 pages 2 or 3
columnsets document with about 330 floats!

- and more over: preserves any text in this doc!

It does not work for \startcolumns (not columnsets) but
- seems to me it is another problem (break one more line in each column
that is appropriate to \textheight)
- the behaviour is exactly the same with or without the new patch

Thank you, Hans, very much! I do not know how to reciprocate with...
(you sometimes suggest to buy a beer but I am afraid of your being
drunken if everybody who is helped by you buys to you a beer :)

Vit