On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:59:36 +0200, nico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>> It's exactly the one you gave. I attach the file I compile. Two
>>> mpruns; I attach the log too.
>> one run here .. can you try the beta? i remember a spurious space
>> problem someplace

Well, here is an even smaller test that shows the problem:

\starttext

\setbox0\hbox{\ss 99}
\writestatus{co}{width=\the\wd0}%

\setbox0\hbox{\ss 99}
\writestatus{co}{width=\the\wd0}%

\stoptext

It seems to be related to some font loading stuff, since when I don't put
\ss I haven't this. So, if I put the following in the test I have no more
the problem.

\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\ss 99} % workaround to fix the strange size
initialization...

\starttext
   \dontleavehmode \dorecurse{99}{\conum{\recurselevel}, }
\stoptext

Regards,
BG