On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> btw, can you make three (or more) examples: (yes|nocheck|text) with
>>> left/bottom/fallback placement for the testsuits (see other threads)
>>>

> first of all, take the beta in order to get renumbering right
>
> the next variant let's fallbacks step in earlier

Using the beta, the numbering is correct. What is fallback=left
supposed to do? I thought that with

\setupfloat[figure][criterium=\marginwidth,fallback=left]

\placefigure[bottom]{1}{\framed[width=.9\marginwidth]{}} \input tufte
\placefigure[bottom]{2}{} \input tufte

the first figure should float to the left, while the second will go to
the bottom. But both of them float to the bottom. I am completely
misunderstanding the feature.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008