nico wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I took me quite some time to extract the following sequence from a 300p
> book, that makes the compilation hang. It looks like if it's in an
> infinite loop, but I don't know what happens. It seems related to the
> interaction of float, verbatim, and background stuff.
>
> I thought it was a local resource problem (few memory on my machine) but
> trying the code in live context never gave something either (i hope it is
> not still running!).
>
> What's wrong in my definitions/setups to have such a behaviour?
>
> \setuplayout[middle]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \definefloat[dbsidebar]
> \setupfloat
>     [dbsidebar]
>     [criterium=0.7\textwidth,
>      leftmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
>      rightmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
>      default={outer,middle}]
>
> \setupcaption[dbsidebar][location=bottom,number=no]
>
> \defineframedtext
>     [framesidebar]
>     [width=.9\textwidth,bodyfont=small,
>      corner=round,background=screen,backgroundscreen=.95]
>
> \setupbackground
>    [background=screen,
>     frame=on,
>     strut=yes,
>     topoffset=2mm,
>     width=broad,
>     before=\blank,
>     after={\blank[small]},
>     align=right]
>
> % Verbatim environment for programlisting
> \definetyping[code]
>
> \setuptyping[code]
>              [bodyfont=small,
>               before={\startbackground},
>               after={\stopbackground}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \input tufte
> \input tufte
>
> \placedbsidebar{joke}
> {\startframesidebar
> \startcode
> some code
> \stopcode
> \stopframesidebar}
>
> \input tufte
> \input tufte
>
> \placedbsidebar{joke}
> {\startframesidebar
> \startcode
> some code
> \stopcode
> \stopframesidebar}
>
> \stoptext

backgrounds inside a float ... not the ideal combination (some otr
intereference), but how about:

\setuplayout[middle]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupinteraction[state=start]

\definefloat[dbsidebar]

\setupfloat
    [dbsidebar]
    [criterium=0.7\textwidth,
     leftmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
     rightmargindistance=-\outercombitotal,
     default={outer,middle}]

\setupcaption[dbsidebar][location=bottom,number=no]

\defineframedtext
  [framesidebar]
  [width=.9\textwidth,bodyfont=small,
   corner=round,
   background=screen,backgroundscreen=.95]

\defineframedtext
  [nestedframesidebar]
  [width=broad,
   background=screen,backgroundscreen=.80]

\definetyping[code]

\setuptyping
  [code]
  [before={\startframesidebar\startnestedframesidebar},
   after={\stopnestedframesidebar\stopframesidebar}]

\starttext

\input tufte
\input tufte

\placedbsidebar{joke}{