> i always tend to say ... "the problem does not change", so, if figuring out
> some clever tricks to get something done, then using id or tex makes no
> difference: one has to figure out the best way
There are a (big) difference: a (my) solution in context costs 100€, a
solutions with IDCS2 cost 10€ , because there are more IDCS2
programmers than TeX programmers.

> concerning id ...
Does IDCS2 offers a better ways to break a paragraph into lines ?
pdfetex has space between words, and hz; it does not consider space
between letters of a word
IDCS2 has 'buttons' (my employer ask me yesterday 'Can you put buttons
on context?''
maybe exa is a way to 'put buttons' on context)

> (occassionally we hear stories of failed tryout with 3b2, id, quark, etc
> while tex base solutions did the job (end kept doing it) for years already; i
> think that one has to decide for each situation anew)
Another story: I'm using context from 2002 in a production env. for
automatic pricelist and labels. Every job with 'from XML/TXT to PDF'
that I have uses context.
(also: dreams come true)
Why ? Because it's a quick way for us to make a pdf from xml/txt
ready for digital printing.

> tex will always be a niche product
Why ?

But none say a word about Elements of Typographic Style