I think some quoting is required:

\def\runR
  {\executesystemcommand{texmfstart
      --ifchanged=\Rfile\space --direct R CMD BATCH
      "-q --save --restore \Rfile\space \Rfile.out"}}

works here, but then I am on Linux. I think eventually Mac expertise
may be required.

Johan

2006/7/5, Matthew Routley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I can confirm that this works from the command line:
>
> R CMD BATCH -q --save --restore rsample-r-1.tmp rsample-r-1.tmp.out
>
> using the sample file from the r module. Running this command for each of the
> segments will produce the desired output. What I haven't determined is how to
> modify the r module \runR command. Simply replacing the current \runR with
>
> \def\runR {\executesystemcommand{texmfstart
>  --ifchanged=\Rfile\space --direct R CMD BATCH
>  -q --save --restore \Rfile\space \Rfile.out}}
>
> was not successful. But I'm quite unfamilier with ConTeXt at this level.
>
> As far as I can determine, the appropriate .out files are not being created,
> which the log file correctly indicates. The .tmp files are successfully
> extracted
>  from the source file.
>
> Thanks for the help with this.
>
> Matt

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell