Taco Hoekwater schrieb:
> Matthias Wächter wrote:
>> Is there a strong motivation against having versioned package file names,
>> possibly with some months/years of history?
>  > Or is this archive available but I am unable to find it? ;)
> There is an archive of old releases and file versions on-line,
> but at a different location. Check this page as a starting point:
>    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Revisions

Taco, thanks for pointing me there and indirectly to the releases and SVN
repository at supelec.fr. Stupid /me didn't search the garden for it.

Two comments nevertheless.

https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=14 gives me quite some versions of
Context, but the download paths for each precise version is not related to the
release date or the SVN revision, for example, the 20060609 release can be
downloaded as https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/download.php/305/cont-tmf.zip.
Can't it be something like
https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/download.php/cont-tmf-20060609.zip, or in case
of true SVN snapshots maybe
https://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/download.php/cont-tmf-164.zip having '164' as
the associated SVN repository revision number? That would be easy to maintain
in subsequent application packages for Context. Certainly, supelec.fr and
gforge.org have the last word on this issue. Anyway, thanks for the link, it is
a big step towards a solution.

Second: I tried to checkout the repository anonymously as mentioned on
https://foundry.supelec.fr/scm/?group_id=14 without success (it asks me for
username/password). Either anonymous read-only access should be enabled as
documented, or the documentation on this page should change (but why should the
repository be publicly browseable as well as versioned snapshots be publicly
available without proper public Subversion access?). In case cont-tmf.zip is a
simple consistent snapshot of the (then) publicly available SVN repository, the
problem of versioning would vanish in a second, I'd just have to refer to the
associated SVN revision of the tree.

Thanks,
- Matthias