Matthias Wächter wrote:

>>> Well, then Context could not benefit from "incremental" builds with just
>>> one run instead of 4 to 5 runs. But I get the idea.
>>>
>> eh ... the tuo file is kept
>>

> Appearantly, only mpgraph.mp is removed by --purge, and --purgeall only gives
> some CtxTools help messages. Hmm ...
>

>>> Maybe for this task, --purge is reasonable enough. I'll give it a try.
>>>

>> that's indeed the best way to go; btw, here i only version tex files
>>

> Depending on the process you have to maintain (you know, I mentioned Context
> version numbers before ...), you want to version everything except stuff that
> is there and unversioned by intent. At least you want to get warned of new
> files you may have forgotten to put under revision control, and as said, you
> may want to mark the document tainted because of unclean checkouts. The
> easiest approach would be to have a separate directory for non-output related
> stuff like .tmp, .log, .tui, .tuo, .mp, then any other unversioned file would
> be a sign of unallowed modification.
>
> OK, I will simply mark *.tmp, *.log, *.tui and *.tuo as "ignore".

in ctxtools you can find a more detailed list (*-mpgraph *-mprun,
*..mpt, *.mpd, etc)
> What's the difference between mpgraph.mp and <project>-mpgraph.mp ? The
> latter is not removed when using --purge. Is this by intent? Then I have to
> put *-mpgraph.mp to the ignore list, too.

after we introduced the mpgraph name there suddenly apeared a similar file in
the metapost paths; so, in order to prevent loading of that file by mistake,
(e.g. when not using the prefixing) i create an empty one in the current path.
the -mpgraph.mp plays a role in determining multiple runs when not in runtime
graphics mode, but it does not need versioning