On 7/18/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any way to create "infinite" paper size: such a paper that
> > all the content fits exactly on a single page? ̣(As a workaroung I can
> > still create a page of height 2m and then crop it if no other solution
> > is available.)
> >
> > \setuplayout
> >       [width=8cm]
> > \definepapersize
> >       [infinite]
> >       [width=12cm,
> >        height=100cm]
> > \setuppapersize
> >       [infinite]
> >       [infinite]
> >

> \starttext
>   \startTEXpage
>      your 4 meter poem
>   \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext

Thank you, that's great! I knew about TEXpage, but never
thought/forgot about such a misuse.

Except for one little (buggy?) detail:

\setuplayout
        [width=8.55cm,
         topspace=0cm,
         backspace=0cm,
         header=0pt,
         footer=0pt,
         height=fit,
        ]

\definepapersize
        [infinite]
        [width=8.55cm,
         height=60cm]

\starttext
\startTEXpage
\section{bla}
\input tufte
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

section is too low and consequently the last (few) line(s) are cropped.

The example on http://pub.mojca.org/presek/articles.tex also has the
last page wider than the first two.

Mojca

PS: this last request has nothing to do with the problem above, but I
have a little request if anyone is willing to help me. I need the file
mentioned above (http://pub.mojca.org/presek/article2.tex) to be
typeset in lucida (only to show it to the editor; they'll almost
certainly buy the font, but I need the example faster than I can ask
them to buy the font and figure out how to use it; they gave me 19 pfb
files, but they're dating back to 1990 and it seems to me that there
are not enough files anyway). Is anyone willing to compile the file
above with lucida font and send me the resulting PDF? I would be very
grateful for that.

The last page has a little problem with accents and everything is
shifted down, but I don't mind if they are a bit wrong this time since
it's only an example.