On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2006, at 8:42 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   I do not get a small capped with the following setup. Can someone
>> explain what I am missing in the definitions.
>>

> I'd be very surprised if the free times font has any small caps. I
> fyou want them, you'll have to fake 'em (but I would recommend
> against that, it's really ugly).

I want to write a conference paper according to IEEE (latex) format,
and this involves copying all the bad font choices in IEEEtran.cls
(Times text, cm math, ughh...). I need smallcaps only for section
titles, so right now I am doing a local switch to latin modern for the
section titles. This is what IEEEtran.cls also does. Do you think that
faking smallcaps from Times will look better? If so, how can I fake
smallcaps?

Thanks,
Aditya