On 2006 Dec 29, at 10:04 PM, Mojca Miklavec indited:
> On 12/29/06, Douglas Philips wrote:
>> The undocumented features are documented in My Ways? :-)
>
> Esp. the two MyWay's written by the author who mentioned that ;)

:-)

I see you also have one... all of which are next up on my Sunday
afternoon reading!

> See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/My_Way

Thanks!

> Most other MyWay's deal with fonts.

Arg. My bane. Fonts. The one thing that pulls me ever so slightly to
using Pages...
Not because I want a garish mix of goofball junk fonts, but because I
love Palatino for newletters
and Papyrus for cards and short notes...
I figured out how to get Palatino into LaTeX, but use other programs
(so far) to get Papyrus...

>> I found a few of those also, and it is very confusing to a newbie
>> (such as myself) to figure out what is old and valid and what is old
>> and not-so-valid...
>
> I don't have a good overview, but I don't know that many
> "not-so-valid" things.

Thanks, that is good to know...

> Old things are still valid, there might only be some new
> things that you might not know about once you've read the manual.
> (plain) TeX is about 25 and still "valid". Only that there are "a few
> commands available out there" which can simplify things.

The more I look into it, the more I feel that ConTeXt is going in a
direction more helpful to me than LaTeX. No comment intended on the
"correctness" of either direction, just on the harmony with where I
am going.

--Doug