On 2006 Dec 30, at 12:47 AM, Sanjoy Mahajan indited:
>> So, I've been contemplating whether I should move "up" the
>> abstraction ladder to ConTeXt or "down" to plain TeX and really
>> learn to build the world from boxes and glue. :-)
>
> I wrote my dissertation using plain TeX plus eplain,
> I got tired of maintaining and improving the macro hackery, so I
> decided to leap over LaTeX to ConTeXt.

Yes, that is an issue. As was pointed out earlier in this thread,
'packages' tend to lose support once they're released, so ConTeXt at
least has a coherent architecture which, gathering from what I've
read on this list, counteracts that.

> Here is a hello-world template that I just wrote.  It contains many of
> the ConTeXt commands that I use most frequently.

Cool, thank you! Another sunday after noon (as in 18 hours from now)
project!

--Doug