Hi all,

I have an appendix consisting of a long list of genetic defects,
containing e.g. a number, the name of a disease, and the enzymes
concerned. I tried to set that up as paragraphs:

\defineparagraphs
[mypar][n=3,before={\blank},after={\blank}]
\setupparagraphs
[mypar][1][width=.1\textwidth]
\setupparagraphs
[mypar][2][width=.3\textwidth]

and

\defineparagraphs
[Two][n=2,distance=0.5cm]       % tolerance= at this point? didn't
make a difference
\setupparagraphs
[Two][1][width=.3\textwidth]     % tolerance= at this point? didn't
make a difference

2 pages of the outcome are shown on "www.ogbasel.ch/
appendix.pdf" (61KB). Do some words overlap, because ConTeXt doesn't
know where to hyphenate funny words? (But Doli-chol, not a common
word really, is hyphenated correctly). Or can it be corrected with
"tolerance"? (I couldn't).

Besides playing with tolerance, I tried:
1. Writing a hyphenation file containing: \hyphenation{Acyl-CoA-De-hy-
dro-ge-nase} etc., then:
\input FunnyHyphens.tex
\starttext
\input appendix
\stoptext
No effect.

2. Writing the unfamiliar words in the appendix with ||, |-|, or |\-|
where hyphens might be placed. The latter introduces brakes, but
without hyphens. the other two insert hyphens everywhere.

It seems that I misunderstood what I dug out of the archives. Could
somebody enlighten me? Thanks, Jörg.