Hi Johannes,

Johannes Kuester wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to typeset a rather simple list or table where each line
> should keep the overall grid of my page design.
> For this I tried "tabulate", "table", and "TABLE", but all failed.

One way to reach this, is to set the row height of every single table
line to the default interline space of ConTeXt.
The table rows now sync with the grid (same height), but behind the
table you are again out of sync. You can use \syncronizegrid to fix this.

HTH, Peter

P.S. Can anyone with grid experience add some stuff to the Wiki?
I had to grep "the base" to find a grid syncronizing macro.

> What I need is the following:
> 4 columns, each with a fixed width.
> One of the columns may contain a paragraph (i.e. more than one line), like:
>
>    Axxx  yyyy  first entry with  zzz
>                more text
>    Bxxx  yyyy  next entry        zzz
>
> The line starting with "B" does not keep the grid -- at least in most
> cases; I couldn't trace down when and why this fails.
>
> (The specific environment is not important (whether tabulate, table,
> TABLE, or some other solution), as all entries are supplied by a macro
> which I could adapt easily).
>

> Johannes

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

\showgrid
\showstruts

\starttext

\input tufte

\setupTABLE[r][each][height=\the\baselineskip] % default linespacing in ConTeXt
\setupTABLE[c][1,2,4][width=.2\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[c][3][width=.4\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[frame=on]

\blank

\bTABLE
\bTR
  \bTD Axxx \eTD
  \bTD yyyy \eTD
  \bTD [row=2] first entry with\\ more text \eTD
  \bTD zzz \eTD
\eTR
%
\bTR