Hallo Steffen,

> I have no idea why this leads to statements like "far tool old" and
> "We need code, not typography!".

  You have two different problems:

  * The version of the Lilypond module on CTAN isn't actually that new
since it dates back to September 2005 (according to the date of
t-lilypond.pdf). Now even without that date, we can spot it in the code
since it mentions the version of Lilypond it was typed for (this is a
general request in Lilypond); in that case it's 2.6; so Hraban meant
your code was old, not your executable (current version is 2.10).

 * You probably copypasted the code from the PDF, and the quotes were
interpreted as a “nice quotes” from Unicode (U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE
QUOTATION MARK), not a plain ASCII quote. This of course is a problem
since the right single quotation mark isn't part of the Lilypond markup
at all, but it's “typography”, so to say.

  In any case, just take the example from the file Hraban just posted
and it should solve both problems (it does here). And Hraban should
probably add a \version statement to his sample code ;-)