Am 2007-05-14 um 23:39 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

> Did you try old Perl texexec?
> (As I wrote several times, LilyPond doesn't get called - or one time
> at max - with Ruby texexec.)
> But it seems to need one "Ruby" run afterwards.

I tried to track down my problem with texexec calling LilyPond.
In the module it says (at the moment):

        \def\LP{texmfstart --ifchanged=\lily!filename .tmp --exec
bin:lilypond -b eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts \lily!
filename .tmp}
        \def\PDF{texmfstart --ifchanged=\lily!filename .eps pstopdf \lily!
filename .eps}

        \ifeof18
                \writestatus{DEBUG-w18}{\LP}
                \installprogram{\LP}%
                \doif\jobsuffix{pdf}{%
                        \installprogram{\PDF}%
                }%
        \else

So I get lots of messages like:
"""
DEBUG-w18       : texmfstart --ifchanged=prd_kanons-lilypond-16.tmp --
exec bin:
lilypond -b eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts prd_kanons-
lilypond-16.t
mp
"""

That means, the counter and the definition of \lily!filename are
working.

But the execution of LilyPond (and pstopdf) is postponed, and at that
later time, \lily!filename is always "prd_kanons-lilypond-1" (counter
always 1), resulting in lots of identical messages:
"""
TeXUtil | running texmfstart --ifchanged=prd_kanons-lilypond-1.tmp --
exec bin:lilypond -b eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts
prd_kanons-lilypond-1.tmp
"""

So I guess the command or counter or whatever in \installprogram is
expanded at runtime.
I tried \expanded, but it didn't help.

Maybe you have a clue?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!