On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 09:36:15AM +0200, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> On Wed, 9 May 2007 23:31:00 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> > Am 2007-05-09 um 13:47 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:
> >
> > \enableregime[utf]
> >> \usemodule[lilypond]
> >>
> >> \starttext
> >>
> >> \startlilypond
> >> % Telemann, TWV 40:11
> >> \version "2.6.3"
> >
> > far tool old! use the latest LilyPond 2.10.x!
> > (the module works only with LilyPond > 2.8, as mentioned on the wiki page)
> >
> >> \relative c? {
> >
> > You've always ? instead of ' -- that can't work!
> > We need code, not typography!
>

> Pardon?!
>
> The example you refer to is from the recent version of "t-lilypond.pdf" from
> ctan
> as I wrote in my initial posting (see below).
>
> As I had to start somewhere, I thought it's a good start to use the most
> recent versions of
> lilypond-2.10.23-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2 from lilypond.org,
> t-lilypond.pdf from ctan and
> t-lilypond.tex that you have posted here last week.
>

> I have no idea why this leads to statements like "far tool old" and "We need
> code, not typography!".
>
> But it seems something is wrong here.
>
> Steffen

I also had my first brush with the lilypond module recently and also
started with the example included in the manual. I don't know if I'm
right (having no idea about module's inner workings) but it seems that the
offending command is

\version "2.6.3"

after removing it everything went surprisingly smooth.

Piotr