Hi Liesbeth,

There is a problem with the bounding box (bb) of the eps file. Although
gs shows it correctly (Info), it uses the media size (default A4) as
border for the pdf.

You can change the media size by hand (set it to bb), but it's less
error prone to use "extract..." or "ps to eps" from the file menu.

1. open the eps file with gs
2. use "ps to eps" ( [x] automatically calculate ...] is set here) and
save in a different file
3. convert this new file to pdf. The resulting pdf should have the
correct size.

Sorry, found no way to automatize it (I can't beleave this is not possible).

HTH, Peter

BTW: why don't you use MetaPost?