> Installing MKIV as described in This Way magazine is somewhat tricky.
> But first of all, I cannot get LuaTEX!

  luatex.org is still under development; you should be able to download
it soon.

  Alternatively, you should get the exact same binary at the GForge server
at supelec.fr (http://foundry.supelec.fr/frs/?group_id=10), and you can
try the minimal mswintex.zip distribution from the Pragma site
(http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm).

> And just for curioisty, where such names as Mark II and Mark IV come from?

  They are simply numbers for the different TeX engines ... Hans
dismissed 1, deeming we were already beyond that stage (but it could be
traditional TeX, producing only DVI). Appart from that, we have:

  2: pdfTeX
  3: XeTeX (Mark III is much less spoken about, but is also very active ;-)
  4: LuaTeX

> -- Best regards, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

  You know, I've been reading your name a lot of times as you've written
quite a few mails to the list, but it's the first time I realize that
you actually have the same name as the great Polish TeX old timer and
font developer, Bogusław Jackowski. Of course the Polish spelling is a
bit different, but it's nevertheless the exact same name. I guess the
Russian spelling is Яцковский?

        Arthur