Hi,

Currently most mails on the list about mkiv and luatex concern
installation and fonts. This is ok since quite some code is related to
that. The next couple of months other (sub)systems will be activated (or
discovered by users since quite some stuff is already there).

- reading from other media: reading from zip files is possible, reading
from e.g. http also if you have curl installed

- color support: mkiv will use attributes; this works already on my
machine; other features (outline) and such will follow this route

- spacing, vertical as well as horizontal (inter character spacing,
french punctuation), it's there but needs integration

- indexing: is already using lua, needs to be tested and we need tables
for languages

- numbering lines etc: work in progress

- verbatim: new pretty printers will show up (i expect users to step in
once we have the api ready)

- synchronization of text streams, multiple text streams etc ... work in
progress

- sectioning and list handling, needs some rework for mkii too

- debugging and error handling: there (try \showdebuginfo \page or maybe
\overloaderror \crap); we need a way to refresh browser windows
automatically

- runtime feature toggling and font extensions: work in progress

- etc etc

maybe we should set up a wiki page where users can make a wishlist for
fundamental features cq. exploring features under construction