On Nov 6, 2007 5:07 PM, Mojca Miklavec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Most things seem to be fine, you only forgot to run
>     texexec --xtx --make --all
> to make the XeTeX-specific format.
>
> Mojca

Uhm, while I first reported it didn't work, it probably has, but my
installation behaves strangely and I really cannot understand why.
When I run texexec from the command line, it works -- to a point,
meaning that the error I reported does not occur (there is another one
though).

When I run texexec from inside my editor (Winefish), it still reports
the bad format files like I said earlier. I have no idea how that can
happen. Linux is really making me feel stupid (my switch from Windows
is relatively recent).

That being said, if we continue on with my running texexec from the
commandline, as I said above, something else happens.:

** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: lmbsy5
LMMathSymbols5-BoldItalic    "enclmmathsy ReEncodeFont"
<lm-mathsy.enc  <lmbsy5.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="lm-math.map", line=7.
** WARNING ** This .map file looks like a dvips format fontmap file.
** WARNING ** -- Current input buffer is: rm-lmb10 LMRoman10-Demi
"enclmrm ReEncodeFont" <lm-rm.enc <lmb10.pfb
** WARNING ** -- Reading fontmap file stopped at: file="lm-rm.map", line=7.

Also, it seems I can't access my system fonts. But I did run fc-cache
-f (-v). Is there something else to do? When I run fc-list, I do see
my system fonts that I should be able to use...

Thanks for all the help!
Jeff