On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:23:44 +0100
"Mojca Miklavec" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2007 8:57 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> >
> > Am 22.11.2007 um 19:31 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> >
> > > \starttypescript[serif][gentium-basic]
> > > \definefontsynonym[Serif]          [GentiumBasic]
> > > \definefontsynonym[SerifItalic]    [GentiumBasicItalic]
> > > \definefontsynonym[SerifBold]      [GentiumBasicBold]
> > > \definefontsynonym[SerifBoldItalic][GentiumBasicBoldItalic]
> > > \stoptypescript
> > >
> > > \starttypescript[serif][gentium-basic]
> > > \definefontsynonym[GentiumBasic]          [file:GenBasR]
> > > [features=default]
> > > \definefontsynonym[GentiumBasicItalic]    [file:GenBasI]
> > > [features=default]
> > > \definefontsynonym[GentiumBasicBold]      [file:GenBasB]
> > > [features=default]
> > > \definefontsynonym[GentiumBasicBoldItalic][file:GenBasBI]
> > > [features=default]
> > > \stoptypescript
> > >
> > > \starttypescript[gentium-basic]
> > > \definetypeface[gentium][rm][serif][gentium-basic][default]
> > > \stoptypescript
> > >
> > > \usetypescript[gentium-basic]
> > > \setupbodyfont[gentium]
> > >
> > > \starttext
> > >
> > > \rm\input knuth\par
> > > \it\input knuth\par
> > > \bf\input knuth\par
> > > \bi\input knuth
> > >
> > > \stoptext
> > >
> > > Wolfgang
> >

> > very, very strange.
> > your file as above works perfectly ... but have no font size specified?!
>
> 12pt is the default size.
>
> > when I change \setupbodyfont[gentium]
> > to \setupbodyfont[gentium,12pt]
> > it works nevertheless. same for 11pt, 10pt, 9pt, 8pt, 7pt, 6pt, 5pt,
> > 4pt.
> >
> > BUT: with all other font-sizes I end up in the same freeze process
> > and no output!!
>
> ConTeXt has some weird ideas about how font sizes should work because
> of CMR (still better than LaTeX which only supports 10, 11 and 12pt
> though), so you might need sometning like
> \definebodyfontenvironment[15.5pt] before using that size. Don't ask
> me how it works though.
>
> Mojca

ConTeXt has a few pedefined font size, they are 4pt, 5pt, 6pt, 7pt,
8pt, 9pt, 10pt, 11pt, 12pt, 14.4p and  17.3pt (taken from type-size)
but I thought they are only used to take care of the the relative font
sizes like small, big, \tfx ...

I can choose on my system any font size I like with XeTeX and LuaTeX
but XeTeX seems to have a problem with Latin Modern Typewriter in
nonstandard sizes.

Wolfgang