Hello,

I am having problems including 16-bit png files in ConTeXt. In the following
example, red.png is a 800x600 image of red pixels. The resulting test.pdf
shows a BLACK rectangle. (The same problem exists with real images.)

However, I can produce the desired result with my installation under
pdflatex...

$ cat test.tex
\starttext
\externalfigure[red][width=\textwidth]
\stoptext
$ file red.png
red.png: PNG image data, 800 x 600, 16-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
$ texexec test

$ cat test2.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{red}
\end{document}
$ pdflatex test2

My distribution (debian + texlive) uses
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
in both cases.

Does this have something to do with \pdfimagehicolor?

Thank you