Alan BRASLAU wrote:

> 1. Of course, I tried "\pdfimagehicolor=1" without results before posting the
> question.

Next time, post also that you tried that already ;-)

> (I would NEVER think about asking for help without trying different
> possibilities myself...)

Are you by chance running an old version of context? That input works
for me, so you can try upgrading the context installation, or
you can see if adding \pdfminorversion=5 to your input file helps.

16-bit color is not supported in older versions of the pdf standard,
and older versions of context had an implicit \pdfminorversion=4.

Best wishes,
Taco