On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 3:42 AM, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  one option is to write a dedicated fetch script, load the minimals for
>  luatex use only (is an option) and then look at the files you need

Any clues for how to go about this?

>  i wonder if it's worth the trouble because all you get extra on top of
>  lm is tex gyre open type

I wasn't being dogmatic about cutting out all other fonts; just wanted
to avoid the old TeX-style pfb/vfb/&c. messes.  LM+Gyre is fine.

What I have in mind is a small package with SciTE & the
ultra-minimals, with a launcher like the portableapps.com programs
have that will set the appropriate environment variables.  Include
SciTE or Notepad++ (with a stripped-down set of configuration files,
perhaps; just enough for ConTeXt/lua/mp) and Sumatra PDF Portable, and
you've got a complete, truly stand-alone, modern typesetting
environment on a USB stick.

--Joel