On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 3:42 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>  >  one option is to write a dedicated fetch script, load the minimals for
>  >  luatex use only (is an option) and then look at the files you need
>
>  Any clues for how to go about this?

There are two options:
1.) take a look at first-setup.sh (really stupid script); you can call
mtx-update with "--engine=luatex" and then you won't get almost any
tfm/enc/map files; you still get pfb files as they are needed for
math; and you get quite some helvetica/times enc/map/pfb files since
px & tx math fonts need them (needed for gyre) - this will go away
once gyre math is ready; it could be optimized, but I consider trying
to fix virtual fonts to use gyre instead of urw fonts a loss of time
since it's soon going to be obsolete rather soon anyway

2.) you can write your own set of rsync calls, like:

rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net'/minimals/current/fonts/new/
minimals/current/fonts/common/' texmf-fonts
rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net'/minimals/current/bin/context/linux
minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux/' texmf-linux

>  >  i wonder if it's worth the trouble because all you get extra on top of
>  >  lm is tex gyre open type
>
>  I wasn't being dogmatic about cutting out all other fonts; just wanted
>  to avoid the old TeX-style pfb/vfb/&c. messes.  LM+Gyre is fine.
>
>  What I have in mind is a small package with SciTE & the
>  ultra-minimals, with a launcher like the portableapps.com programs
>  have that will set the appropriate environment variables.  Include
>  SciTE or Notepad++ (with a stripped-down set of configuration files,
>  perhaps; just enough for ConTeXt/lua/mp) and Sumatra PDF Portable, and
>  you've got a complete, truly stand-alone, modern typesetting
>  environment on a USB stick.

If you're willing to work on it, just tell me what exactly you need (I
can put different stuff on the garden).

See also:
   http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/context-installer/src/
you can then start from there.