Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Why not, I have nothing against a few predefined title pages layouts.

Somewhat related: it would be nice if there was some common code for
titles (books as well as articles). The Maps module currently defines
an article in this fashion:

    \starttext
    \startArticle
       [Title=...,
        Author=...,
        RunningAuthor=...] % etc. etc.

    \startAbstract
    ... abstract ...
    \stopAbstract

    \startKeywords
    ... comma-separated keywords ...
    \stopKeywords

    ... body ...

    \stopArticle
    \stoptext

Obvious weak point: the Abstract / Keywords are too late to influence
typesetting of the title (page). Of course that could be fixed by using
named buffers and/or an explicit \maketitle-like command.

Anyway, the maps module contains all the code to do everything. And
the same is true for the TUG module. And for quite a few others I have
laying around. Lots of duplicate code all over, so a common framework
would be great. I've been meaning to write one for a long time, but
somehow I never quite get around to actually doing it.

Just saying this to let you know that I would really welcome a module
with commands like \setuptitle, \definetitle, and \placetitle.

Best wishes,
Taco