>| On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:38:20 +0200,
 >| luigi scarso
 >| who can be reached at: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 >| (whose comments are cited below with " luigi> "),
 >| had this to say in article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 >| in newsgroups gmane.comp.tex.context
 >| concerning the subject of Re: Architecture Sketch
 >| (see <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for more details)

 >> hi folks, How do they fit together? Is there some sort of
 >> architecure chart somewhere so newbies can get a hold within a few
 >> seconds? Luatex <==> tex context <==> latex
 luigi> ok ?
nope, I do not get it especially for the latex part. What about this:

              +--------------------------+
              | ConTeXt, used for        |
              | creating the source      |
              | files to luatex          |
              +--------------------------+
                           ^

              +--------------------------+
              | luatex, a bunch of       |
              | libraries and whatnot    |
              | which is going to replace|
              | pdfTeX                   |
              |                          |
              +--------------------------+

So where do LaTeX and MkIV fit into this?

 >> Secondly, now that it seems MkIV is the new star will all my ConTeXt
 >> knowledge be obsolete once luatex is going to be used? (Maybe I am
 >> just making a fool out of myself even asking this but then I am
 >> totally new to this whole subject so ...)
 luigi> A bit here and there, but not all

Which tells me exactly nothing :-) Actually to rephrase what I meant and
to what it boils down:

,----[ Question ]
| What will happen to folks like me who just need/want to write great
| documents using ConTeXt?
`----

If someone could shed some light onto this, I would be very thankful ...

For the rest
 - I took a look at the wiki, ml etc. but those could not answer my
   question -- usually I try another approach after 2 hours searching
   around
 - yes, I am with Linux (DebianGNU/Linux)
 - GNU Emacs
 - my adorable cat :-)
 - a whole pile of ConTeXt manuals to read