On Wed, Apr 16 2008, Olivier Guéry wrote:

> I can't imagine a french text without those spaces. So maybe this
> specific question should be on for all french text, and something like
> \setcharacterspacing [frenchpunctuation]  [no] can be use for the
> excepts.

There is already "\setcharacterspacing[reset]", but it does not work:
ERROR: Missing number, treated as zero.

Until a bug-fix, you can use "\doresetattribute{spacing}".

I use for example
    \setuptyping[style=\doresetattribute{spacing}\tt]
    \setuptype[style=\doresetattribute{spacing}\tt]
at some places.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/