On 16 Apr 2008 at 1:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hallo,

> >> After the above, you should have plain.mem in the local
> directory.
> >
> > No.
> > There is neither a 'plain.fmt' nor a 'plain.mem'!
>
> Everything I read below says there should be a 'plain.mem'
> in the folder where you ran theat file in.  If there
> really really isn't, then my only advise to you is to buy
> a less thieving operating system, as it seems this one steals
> your files before you can even have an admiring look at them. :-)

I tried the same with 'mpost'. This has the advantage that one has
not to adapt 'plain.mp'.

But here too, there is no 'mpost.mem' and no 'mpost.log'.

I have included a test before and after mp:finish().

Can anybody with a minimal under windows run this example?
-------------------------------
\starttext
% start low-level
\startlua
local function finder(name, mode, ftype)
     if mode=="w" then
         return name
     else
         return kpse.find_file(name,ftype)
     end
end
mp = mplib.new ( {
     hash_size = 100000,
     main_memory = 2000000,
     param_size = 100000,
     find_file = finder,
     ini_version = true
} )
if mp then
     res = mp:execute("mpost")
     tex.print("[" .. tostring(res.status) .. "]")
     print(table.serialize(res))
     if io.open("mpost.mem","r") then
       print("found")
     else