On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Maurice Diamantini
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Le 3 juin 08 à 09:43, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Maurice Diamantini
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Just some remarks/questions:
>>> - docbook seems to be the standard for describing documentation data,
>>> - dblatex seams to be a currently good supported tools for **easely**
>>> provide pdf output from docbook input, and cutomize the output
>>> with .xsl
>>> parameters or LaTeX .sty files
>>> - dbcontext seams not to be maintained very much
>>
>> I don't think the code in the module is nowadays a good example for
>> writing
>> a module because many low level commands are redefined and it should
>> work now out of the box with the current code or better witth MkIV.
>>
>>> - ConTeXt seams to be able to directly parse xml without external
>>> tools
>>>
>>> So, what about make ConTeXt directly reading dokbook file and output
>>> pdf file? I see the http://www.leverkruid.eu/context/index.html
>>> page from
>>> Simon Pepping. But it seems that this project is down.
>>
>> The module you mention above is the only (complete?) docbook style
>> but ConTeXt provides cals table support by default and mapping for the
>> basic elements to ConTeXt shouldn't be a problem,
>> give us the information what do you need and we write a module.
>
> Thank you very much, you confirm that the "DocbookInContext" from
> Simon Pepping is still the way to go.

No, I meant we should better start from scratch, as Hans told the code
is bad style and you should avoid to redefine core or low level macros.

> I've no specific request, I just forward some interest by the web
> community
> to converting from docbook to pdf more or less automaticaly.
> I fact, my original interest come from the work of the jelix team (a
> MVC php Framwork)
> whose documentation was only online (dokuwiki).
> Following some user feedback, Jelix team have then generate docbook
> from that wiki
> filesss+ and make pdf file thanks to the (not maintained) db2latex tool.
> I look after a more uptodate tool (for further customisation) and
> found dblatex as mention on the (french) forum:
>
>   http://jelix.org/forums/read.php?10,2680,page=4#msg-2872

Looks like spain to me ;-)

> The result was that the simple command:
>
>    dblatex jelix-manual.xml
>
> produce a "correct" (i.e. readable) jelix-manual.pdf  file without any
> customisation (with default table of content, correct verbatim, ...)
> which was not the case for db2latex.
> But then, any customisation will be a latex style, which is more hacking
> than ConTeXt (I think so, but I'm sure you agree ;-)

One of the easiest things with ConTeXt, you could change the header
style with \setupheader[...][..,..=..,..], you need only a extra file with
all your settings.

> Nevertheless, the first criterion was that it just works in simple case.
> If some magic command (or a simple tutorial) like :
>
>    texexec --docbook jelix-manual.xml

better texexec --ctx=docbook jelix-manual.xml

> do some equivalent work than the above dblatex, no doubt that the
> ConTeXt community will increase by more than 100%!
>
> Cordialement,
> -- Maurice

Wolfgang