> And another issue - TeX Live has switched to universal binaries for
> Mac. Oliver has asked me to do that some time ago, but I didn't want
> to mess up with having to (cross-)compile the basic binaries as well.
> What do others think?

  I would really favour universal binaries if we're able to build them
on a regular basis.  It's simply more in line with today's Mac OS
spirit, and it would make little sense to ship a Mac installer with
Intel-only binaries.  The only reason why I didn't already provide
universal binaries was because the build process was really ill-adapted
(mostly libtool problems, as I've experienced); but if Richard and
Jonathan managed to build them, we should be able to do it as well.

        Arthur