Taco Hoekwater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Following the discussion with Gerben over the past week, I have
> initialized a project for the creation of a new Context Reference
> Manual.
>
> The goal is to create a complete manual documenting all of context's
> user-level commands with the focus on creating a reference manual,
> but not so much on providing a learner's manual.

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea. I do not think
the situation is as bad as Gerben states. But I too have been
frustrated at the anachronisms and ommissions from the reference
manual.

One thing extra I would ask for is that parameters be actually
*explained*, as well as simply listed, for each command. Perhaps a
hyperlink to a generic explanation page if they are "too trivial".

> Anybody who is willing and able to help out in any way is very much
> invited to join in. The manual is to be distributed under the GNU Free
> Document License so that it can borrow text from the wiki, and also so
> that it can be included in free TeX distributions (like TeX Live).

I hope this means it can be part of Debian - I gather this implies not
having any "invariant sections":
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License#Invariant_sections>

[...]

--