Am 2008-08-10 um 16:24 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> http://context.aanhet.net/svn/contextman/context-reference/en/co-typography.pdf
>
> As this is a first attempt, corrections and suggestions are very
> welcome. The next goal will be the creation of a chapter that deals
> with font installation and definitions.

Thank you! I learned something new.
But I'd also like to suggest a few changes:

Table 1.1 is not clear to me:
- I don't understand what you want to say - that the "same" font face
may have different names in different font families, like
Roman=Normal=Regular? Roman=Antiqua isn't true for a lot of fonts,
"Helvetica Roman" is just the Regular face.
- Shouldn't the middle column use the same size as the other two, but
sans serif?
- Why do you center the columns?

Perhaps explain that "pt" means "point" and is 1/72 inch.

In 1.2 etc. perhaps use italics instead of slanted as example -
typographically "slanted" is a monstrosity.

Your (or ConTeXt's) definition of typographical terms is a bit unusual:
usual(?) vs. ConTeXt
clan(?) family
family  style(s)
face    alternative

i.e.
- Computer Modern is a "font clan" (in German: Schriftsippe), some
fonts of different styles that are designed to work together
- Computer Modern Sans is a font family (in German: Schriftfamilie or
just Schrift), a collection of several faces; in old Mac terms a
"suitcase"
- ... bold is a font face (in German: Schriftschnitt ("cut")), or just
a font (file)

Perhaps you could *all* font switches in one table, maybe as an
appendix.

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thing, no time.

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/