On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:46:21 -0600, Mojca Miklavec
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to be able to do things like
>>
>> Mohamed -> Muḥammad
>>
>> which would save me a lot of time in proofreading, editing, etc.
>
> It's easy to write a simple ruby/perl(or even lua) script that will do
> such changes for you *before* typesetting articles. That's probably
> much better, since you also want to have clean sources at some point.

Yes, but the above is just one kind of example. Indeed, what I am thinking
of is just an extension of the kind of configurability texies like to do.
For your average user -- or a secretary -- we don't want to have to point
them to lua or ruby etc...

> Of course, writing the list of substitutions still needs to be done by
> you, but that's in either case.
>
> If you need that, write kind-of-specification how you would like to
> use such a command.

Maybe I misunderstand... I could see something like I mentioned in the