Hi Jean and Gour,

Thanks for the comments. I would prefer muse, but
superscripts/subscripts are extremely common in biology, not just for
chemical formula, and maybe there are more things missing I didn't come
across so far. On the other hand, tables didn't work well in markdown
--> pandoc --> context. If there is no way from reST to context, it's no
use to me.
Conclusion: there seems to be no good solution...

Cheers, Jörg