On Thursday 11 December 2008 08:07:01 am Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Bart C. Wise wrote:
> > When I run the code below (via minimals), I get the following error, why?
> >
> > \newcount\startcnt
> > \newcount\tempcnta
> >
> > \def\myloop#1{%
> >  \message{enter}
> >  \tempcnta=\the\startcnt%
> >  \loop
> >    \message{loop}
> >    \advance \tempcnta by 1
> >    \ifnum\tempcnta>#1\else \repeat\fi
> >  \message{exit}
> > }
> >
> > \starttext
> > \startcnt=1800
> > \myloop{2008}
> > \stoptext
>
> Do you know of \dostepwiserecurse{from}{to}{step}{body}. For example,
>
> \starttext
> \dostepwiserecurse{1800}{2008}{1}{We are at \recurselevel \endgraf}
> \stoptext

Aditya,

Hadn't thought of that one either.  I'm taking a package from a LaTeX source
and working on converting it.  I'm trying to leave the original intact as much
as possible. Unfortunately, in trying to leave it intact, I seem to be
approaching the problem/solution rather myopically.

Thanks for the hint.
Bart