Alan STONE wrote:
>> Nope,  couldn't do it. I am _almost_ sorry to say that luatex on
>> linux-64 is behaving fine. Mojca (or someone else that has this
>> 'Parsing CFF' problem), can you try to pinpoint the problem in a
>> debugger?
>
> Which debugger Taco ?

A source debugger (like gdb). You'll also need to comment out the
"$STRIP "$B"/texk/web2c/luatex" line in build.sh, otherwise the
debugger cannot use symbols.

The message is produced by font/writecff.c, line 820:

    pdftex_fail("Parsing CFF DICT failed. (error=%d)", status);

you can set a breakpoint there, but the error happens earlier.

The (error=-1) actually signifies a CFF parsing (decoding) error,
but that does not help much in finding the problem. What is needed
is at least a stack backtrace, and probably also the current location
inside the CFF file.

Best wishes,
Taco