Am 05.03.2009 um 12:27 schrieb luigi scarso:

And you think it's a good idea to use \expandafter in your document?
TeX  version, not context ... :)
btw
\expandafer is not so bad, if used moderatly .

But don't make a beginner used to it, e.g. Stefan Kottwitz mentioned a few times how to append something to a existing macro in LaTeX forums and this
is what I try to avoid for people who don't know what they are doing.

http://texblog.net/latex-archive/plaintex/expandafter/

Nice solution and real alternative for package writers to avoid \expandafter and \expanded but nothing for a normal user, I should keep this in my mind.
Are you sure ?
What is a normal user ?

People who want to use TeX to write a document but copy code from examples, old list messages etc. but don't why they have to do it something like this.

As soon as you use \dorecurse , you become a programmer .

And sooner or later, everyone become a programmer, because it's
impossible to write a format that satisfied
all your needs .

OK, it's hard to write a fancy layout without defining your own header styles etc. without a definition but use then as many high level contructs (\framed, \define, ...)
as possible and try to avoid things like \vbox or \expandafter.

Wolfgang