> People who want to use TeX to write a document but copy code from examples,
> old list messages etc. but don't why they have to do it something like this.

> OK, it's hard to write a fancy layout without defining your own header
> styles etc.
> without a definition but use then as many high level contructs (\framed,
> \define, ...)
> as possible and try to avoid things like \vbox or \expandafter.

This is my point of view :
"use TeX to write a document" = "write a program in TeX  programming language"

TeX programming language is not like lua, python, c++ , java and so on;
TeX programming language is like m4, ie a macro language.

If you write a simple document (= a simple program) context
high-level const.s  will almost completly hide
the programming aspect ;
but it's impossible that context "high-level" cover *all* program; so
sooner or later one will
use lua(tex) expression (which can be a "natural" choice for most of
programmer but can be slow) ,
or ContTeXt macro (which can be less slow but not so natural ) ,
or even TeX macro - primitive .

>http://texblog.net/latex-archive/plaintex/expandafter/
hey, this is not a "moderate use of expandafter" as I intended ..
I dropped latex for similar examples .
In this situation
"please, grep setvalue base/*"

--