On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

In the same way as Hans wrote them in his exmple.
Cool, but will it be included in context source? Or it is too early?

I think that such solutions are too fragile. A robust way will be to use a complete mediawiki (or any other markup) parser. It one in lua is available, integrating it to ConTeXt will be easy. If not, we can still have an external file based route. For some time I have been thinking about a module using which I can do

\definemarkup[RST][command={pandoc -r rst -w context}]

\startRST
Write anything here in restructured text syntax here. For example

- Two syntaxes for tables_:

  1. `Grid tables`_; complete, but complex and verbose::

         +------------------------+------------+----------+
         | Header row, column 1   | Header 2   | Header 3 |
         +========================+============+==========+
         | body row 1, column 1   | column 2   | column 3 |
         +------------------------+------------+----------+
         | body row 2             | Cells may span        |
         +------------------------+-----------------------+

  2. `Simple tables`_; easy and compact, but limited::

         Header row, column 1  Header 2    Header 3
         body row 1, column 1  column 2    column 3
         body row 2            Cells may span columns

\stopRST

Such a module will also provide a quick and dirty way of writing simple
presentations. Any takers for writings such a module (basically just copying the R module a bit).

Aditya