Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Thu, 09 Apr 2009 11:36:58 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

It works partly: After I called luatools --generate mtxrun now finds
also fonts in my various texmf-trees (and not only the one in the
system folder), but mtxrun works only if I move first font-syn.lua
in the folder of mtxrun. But this only a small nuisance.

OK, I found the source of the problem:

If I replace in luatools.lua (function input.aux.find_file) the line
5294

if find(path,"//$") then recurse = true else recurse = false end by
 if find(path,"//$") then recurse = true  else recurse = true end

(that means if I set recurse=true for all cases) then files are
found.
The problems seems to be that luatools appends // only to one of my
roots (the last mentioned in $TEXMF). The output of the "path"
variable in the above code is:

I:/TeX-Roots/luatexmf/texmf
J:/MIKTEX2.7
C:/Dokumente und
Einstellungen/Ulle/Anwendungsdaten/MiKTeX/2.7/scripts//

So the above test is false for most of my roots.
The change doesn't help with mtxrun ;-(.

hm, but this // is determined by the configuration file texmf.cnf

tweaking the script for miktex and then breaking my own system is a bit tricky

how does your texmf spec look? (the one with the //)? maybe i need to fix the expander (quite tricky code)