On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Arthur Reutenauer <
arthur.reutena...@normalesup.org> wrote:

> > arthur told me that can arise rounding errors.
>
>   You have to remember I used to be a mathematician.  I say things that
> are meant to be true, not meant to be helpful :-)
>
>  If you want to be sure that LuaTeX's output looks right in the most
> recent versions of Adobe Reader, editing the font is the way to go
> (although there might be license issues with commercial fonts).  Of
> course conversion is not perfect, but you can't have it both way!
> Besides, the metrics won't change if you only modify upm; only the
> outlines do.
>
> > I should try to convert to Type1 instead
>
>   That should indeed work if you don't need more than 256 glyphs in the
> font (are you *sure* you don't?).
>
>        Arthur

what I mean is:
chose an encoding
convert otf to type1 as is,
make a pdf with mkiv
check if it's ok.

It's only for experiment , of course:
Fell type come with a native ttf edition which is OK (or better, really OK),
and one should chose this one to avoid any problems
(so eventually I can compare pdfs ).

--
luigi